Portable Eye Wash
The BHS Portable Eye Wash protects employees from accidents that can occur while cleaning, charging, or changing lift truck batteries. This mobile safety station does not require plumbing and can be installed anywhere battery spills or leaks may occur. The self-contained 16-gallon system provides employees immediate relief from corrosive material.
The Portable Eye Wash protects employees from physical injury, and it helps employers comply with federal regulations. That’s because OSHA 29 CFR 1926.50(g) mandates that “Where the eyes or body of any person may be exposed to injurious corrosive materials, suitable facilities for quick drenching or flushing of the eyes and body shall be provided within the work area for immediate emergency use.” The Portable Eye Wash provides these safety facilities in parts of the warehouse with no plumbing.
This eye safety station provides 15 minutes of flushing solution at a flow rate of 0.4 gallons/minute through dual spray heads. It also comes standard with top and side handles for easy lifting. One employee can easily lift the empty tank using the top handle, and two employees can use the side handles to move a full tank. The tank is made from high-density plastic to improve its durability.
Contact our sales team at 1.800.BHS.9500 to learn more about the Portable Eye Wash or other Eye and Safety Stations.
- Fast and easy for emergencies
- Green polyethylene 16 gal (60.6 L) tank
- Gravity flow eye wash provides 15 minutes of flushing solution at a flow rate of 0.4 gal/min (1.5 L/min) through dual spray heads
- Top and side handles for easy lifting
- Furnished with one bottle bacteriostative additive (PEW-REFILL) which preserves solution for up to 6 months
- Includes full flow nozzles
- High density plastic for durability
- General Duty Clause of the OSH Act of 1970
- 1910.151 – Medical Services & First Aid
- 1910.178(g) – Changing and Charging Storage Batteries
- 1926.441 – Batteries and battery charging
- NFPA 70E – Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®
- NFPA 505: Fire Safety Standard for Powered Industrial Trucks
- NFPA 505: 9.3.3