Pedestal Mounted Eye Wash Station
The BHS Pedestal Mounted Eye Wash is an important addition to the battery room as it provides fast, easy, and convenient relief in an emergency. This OSHA-mandated safety device protects employees from electrolyte splashes that can occur while cleaning, charging, or changing lift truck batteries. Mounting this safety station in high-risk areas allows employees to get immediate relief from spills, splashes, or leaks of corrosive material.
The Pedestal Mounted Eye Wash protects employees from physical injury, but it also protects employers. Note that OSHA 29 CFR 1926.50(g) mandates that “Where the eyes or body of any person may be exposed to injurious corrosive materials, suitable facilities for quick drenching or flushing of the eyes and body shall be provided within the work area for immediate emergency use.” The Pedestal Mounted Eye Wash does just that.
This eye safety station has a self-regulating flow control valve for gentle spray. It also comes standard with open ball valves, filters, and float off dust covers.
Contact our sales team at 1.800.BHS.9500 to learn more about the Pedestal Mounted Eye Wash or other Eye and Safety Stations.
Features & Benefits:
- Fast and easy for emergencies
- Self-regulating flow control valve for gentle spray
- Includes stay open ball valves, filters, and float off dust covers
- General Duty Clause of the OSH Act of 1970
- 1910.151 - Medical Services & First Aid
- 1910.178(g) – Changing and Charging Storage Batteries
- 1926.441 - Batteries and battery charging
- NFPA 70E – Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®
- NFPA 505: Fire Safety Standard for Powered Industrial Trucks
- NFPA 505: 9.3.3
California Residents: WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Learn more here.