Spool Winding Trolley
The BHS Spool Winding Trolley (SWT) saves time and labor during industrial-scale cable management. Position the unit over a BHS Parallel Reel Payout (PRP) or virtually any other reel shaft — an adjustable assembly raises and lowers the unit to match axle height – and activate the hydraulic motor.
The SWT automatically pays out cables to one or more take-up spools, counting linear footage that passes through a triple-wide encoder wheel. Each revolution pays out 1 foot of cable, ensuring accurate counts and precise order-fulfillment.
The SWT allows electricians and electrical suppliers to pre-load reels with multiple cables in a fraction of the time, reducing ergonomic hazards and providing a dependable ROI. Call our Sales Team at 1-800-BHS-9500 to learn more about the Spool Winding Trolley and other cable-management innovations from BHS, Inc.
- Triple-wide encoder wheel, with poly grip and poly roller clamp, feeds the cable while accurately counting linear footage of payout
- Used to payout multiple cables to the take-up spool while counting a single cable through the counter
- Slide allows operator to load cable in a left/right motion for the highest yield per reel
- Can be used with PRP units with or without casters, competitor frames, or even floor-mounted roller platforms
- Counter 1:1 ratio – one revolution = 1 linear foot of cable
- Counter is angled toward operator for ease of use and is also reversible and resettable
- Dual, 6” diameter, urethane coated rollers for secure contact with various spool and reel types
- 48” maximum reel width
- Adjustable length, hydraulic actuated roller arms for use with a wide range of reel diameters and configurations
- Direct-coupled hydraulic drive motor for reliable performance
- 480V ac / 3ph, 3hp power unit. Other voltages available
- 50 RFPM* low-speed for precise control when beginning and finishing spooling
- 100 RFPM* high-speed to minimize total spooling time
- Push-button spooling controls mounted on cable counter allow complete control of spooling process
* RFPM = Rim-Feet per Minute is the linear distance of a reel’s rim circumference