Multimodal Americas is a new event for professionals in the supply chain, logistics, and transportation industries in North America. It will be held October 16 through October 18, 2018, in Toronto, Canada. This event is more than a trade show, and it’s more than a conference; as the name suggests, it’s a common meeting ground for every sector of the logistics industry.
Many existing logistics conferences are fragmented by sector. Rather than creating a trade show for the trucking industry, or air cargo workers, or railways, the organizers of Multimodal focus on logistics as a whole. All sectors of the industry will be represented, as evidenced by the groups that come together to support the event, including:
- The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA)
- The Global Shippers’ Forum (GSF)
- The Transport Intermediaries Association (TIA)
- The Freight Management Association of Canada (FMA)
- The Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association (CIFFA)
In short, shippers and suppliers can attend Multimodal Americas to discover new solutions for moving goods from point A to point B, connecting between road, rail, air, and navigable waters, both inland and ocean.
Industries that Rely on Shippers Also Represented at Multimodal Americas
The Multimodal Americas event offers opportunities for shippers to interact with representatives of the industries they serve, as well. A press release announcing the first Multimodal Americas event in 2018 lists a wide range of vertical sectors that will be represented in Toronto, including:
- Retail and ecommerce
- Fast-moving consumer goods
- Recycling and waste management
The unique assortment of exhibitors at MultiModal Americas gives attendees the chance to network with shippers and those who use their services, creating opportunities for peer-to-peer deal making as well as strong lead generation.
Seminars Present Expert Analysis of Current and Future Trends in the Industry
Of course, Multimodal Americas isn’t strictly a networking event. It’s also a conference, complete with seminars from the industry’s thought leaders. Attendees can learn about the trends that are changing the logistics industry today and in the near future at seminars with titles such as:
- How Blockchain will Deliver Smart and Secure Supply Chains
- The Fifth Industrial Revolution — Humans and Robots Collaborate
- Air Cargo as an Enabler for Investment Activity
- Unmanned Freight Aircraft
“Multimodal Americas.” MultiModalAmericas. Multimodal, n.d. Web. 20 Aug. 2018.