Integrated Watering System
The Integrated Watering System (IWS) streamlines battery maintenance and eliminates laborious manual watering. The IWS enables automatic delivery of water to each individual battery once a full charge has been achieved.
The system works in conjunction with the battery charger end-of-cycle shutdown to initiate the watering of the battery. A module connects into the DC output of the charger for its power. Each module is matched to the battery voltage type being serviced.
The IWS is designed to be turned on and off manually so over-watering is eliminated. A typical application would have the unit on for a 24-hour period every week, depending on environmental conditions that might cause more or less watering requirements.
IWS modules attach directly to battery charger cabinets, and hoses thread seamlessly throughout forklift battery system stands. The result is a footprint-free watering system that replaces bulky water carts and the ergonomically dangerous hand-watering techniques of the past.
The Integrated Watering System allows battery room operators to keep all battery electrolyte levels optimized without demanding staff time, storage for multiple pieces of watering equipment, or the ergonomic hazards involved in reaching and stretching to access battery cells. To learn more about Battery Watering Devices from BHS, download the product catalog above, or call us directly at 1.800.BHS.9500.
- Automatic watering of multiple batteries
- IWS is designed to mount on the charger cabinet, eliminating cumbersome water carts, watering hoses, etc.
- Quick easy connection to batteries when connecting to chargers
- Maximize battery life with precise and consistent watering
- Operates from any available water supply with a minimum of 25 psi (1.7 bar) and flow minimum of 5 gal/min (18.9 L/min) (dependent upon fleet size being serviced)
- Eliminates labor of a manual watering process
- Reduce overflow of water and electrolyte keeping battery acid levels consistent
- Reduces corrosion build up due to over-watering and acid spillage
- System can be adapted to most common watering strings