Charging Room Locations
Many factors should be considered when determining where to locate a battery room within your facility. Location considerations will include:
- Forklift Distribution
- Facilities with dispersed forklift use will benefit from a centralized battery room location. Facilities with concentrated forklift use will benefit from a location closest to the area of heaviest use. Each limits forklift travel when changing batteries.
- Power Supply
- Power distribution costs increase with the distance from the main power feed. Selecting a location close to an adequate power supply will save electrical construction costs.
- Water Supply
- Water is required for battery maintenance and safety equipment. Drainage may also be required. Consult appropriate local codes.
- Floor Conditions
- Refer to floor specifications for the minimum requirement for your battery handling system.
- Proper ventilation must be maintained. Refer to the Ventilation section for detailed requirements.